Ad

Wednesday 31 October 2012

St. Faustina's Conversation with Christ




"...Mother Margaret began with a prayer, explained to us what the third probation consists of, and then spoke on how great is the grace of the perpetual vows.  Suddenly, I began to cry out loud.  In an instant all God's graces appeared before my eyes of my soul, and I saw myself so wretched and ungrateful toward God.  The sisters began to rebuke me, saying, "Why did she break out crying?"  But Mother Margaret came to my defense, saying that she was not surprised.

At the end of the hour, I went before the Blessed Sacrament and, like the greatest and most miserable of wretches, I begged for His Mercy and He might heal and purify my poor soul.  

Then I heard these words,

"My daughter, all your miseries have been consumed in the flame of My Love, like a little twig thrown into a roaring fire.

By humbling yourself in this way, you draw upon yourself and upon other souls 
an entire sea of My Mercy."

I answered, 

'Jesus, mold my poor heart according to Your Divine Delight.' "

Excerpt taken from Divine Mercy in My Soul by Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska, 178


If you have not read the Divine Mercy Diary, 
I highly recommend it. 

1 comment: