Ad

Wednesday 31 October 2012

Prayer to Mary, Immaculate Virgin by St. Faustina



O Mary, Immaculate Virgin,
Pure crystal for my heart,
You are my strength, O secure anchor,
You are a shield and protection for a weak heart.

O Mary, you are pure and unparalleled,
Virgin and Mother at one and the same time;
You're beautiful as the sun, by nothing defiled.
Nothing is worthy of comparison 
to the image of Your Soul.

Your beauty enthralled the 
Thrice-Holy One's eye.
That He came down from heaven, 
forsaking th'eternal See's throne.
And assumed from Your Heart Body and Blood,
Hiding for nine months in the Virgin's Heart.

O Mother, Virgin, this will no one comprehend,
That the Infinite God is becoming a man;
It's only love's and 
His inscrutable mercy's purpose.
Through You, Mother--it's given us 
to live with Him forever.

O Mary, Virgin Mother and Heaven's Gate,
Through You salvation came to us;
Every grace to us streams forth 
through Your hands,
And faithful imitation of You 
only will sanctify me.

O Mother, Virgin--most beautiful Lily.
Your Heart was for Jesus 
the first tabernacle on earth,
And that, because Your humility 
was the deepest,
Wherefore You were raised 
above Angel choirs and Saints.

O Mary, my sweet Mother,
To You I turn over my soul, 
my body and my poor heart.
Be the safeguard of my life,
Especially at death's hour, 
in the final fight.
 Prayer by St. Faustina Kowalska


No comments:

Post a Comment